From: David Fellows <fellows@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is it possible to get rid of firefox?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:35:35
1 On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:30:56 +0530
2 Michael Moore wrote -
3 > On 16:45 Tue 18 Nov , Qian Qiao wrote:
4 > > By the look of the ebuild, it doesn't look like it wants xulrunner-bin.
5 > >
6 > > --
7 > > There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and
8 > > those who can't.
9 >
10 > Indeed it doesn't. What i wanted to know was that can the bin package
11 > provide the files needed for the softwares to compile against? If not,
12 > then i guess i may have to stick with firefox lying around my sys.
13
14 On my system equery files mozilla-firefox lists a huge include library
15 including for instance
16 /usr/lib64/mozilla-firefox/include/plugin/ nsIPluginInstance.h
17 which contains comments:
18 * DO NOT EDIT. THIS FILE IS GENERATED FROM nsIPluginInstance.idl
19
20 and
21 * The nsIPluginInstance interface is the minimum interface plugin developers
22 * need to support in order to implement a plugin instance. The plugin manager
23
24 equery files firefox-bin lists no include libraries , .h files or .idl files
25
26 So, I would guess that gecko-mediaplayer probably needs the include library
27 to build and, no, firefox-bin does not supply it.
28
29 Dave F