From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Terminal control codes
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:38:56
1 On Tuesday 02 January 2007 17:09, I wrote:
2
3 > Secondly, another FAQ says to send setterm codes to /dev/vc/X, but since
4 > (I assume) the rise of udev those devices don't exist any more.
5
6 Can anyone help me here? I need to know where to send "setterm -blank 0" to
7 prevent screen blanking on vc1-6 and 12. Or have I to find the blanking
8 code in the source (which source?) and switch it off there? Maybe there's
9 an option to a configure script somewhere.
12 Rgds
13 Peter
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list