From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Terminal control codes
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:12:49
1 Thanks to all who helped me with my SATA and mdraid problem - I'll answer
2 when I've finished rebuilding the system and can reply more comfortably and
3 comprehensively.
4
5 Meanwhile I've another two small problems - how to control the virtual
6 terminal; its scrollback buffer and setterm codes (I'm not talking about X
7 here). Somewhere in the documents I read that the size of the scrollback
8 buffer can be declared in a kernel command, something like
9 "fbcon=scrollback:1024k. When I do that though, the kernel boots ok but
10 scrollback is disabled.
11
12 Secondly, another FAQ says to send setterm codes to /dev/vc/X, but since (I
13 assume) the rise of udev those devices don't exist any more.
14
15 Does anyone here know how to play these small tricks?
18 Rgds
19 Peter.
23 Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list