From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Moving X...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:42:51
1 On 6/29/06, Hamish Marson <hamish@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > (The reason I want multiple versions is for when I raise a problem
3 > with the XOrg developers for a problem not directly gentoo's, quite
4 > often they want you to try the CVS version... previously you could
5 > alter the prefix & just move a symlink... Now it's de-install &
6 > re-install time.
7
8 Is it not possible to install the CVS version to /usr/local/X11R6, and
9 then create a /etc/env.d/00X-cvs file to specify that
10 /usr/local/X11R6/bin should appear first in the path? Then when you
11 startx, you would be running the CVS version, instead of gentoo's
12 version.
13
14 -Richard
15 --