From: Florent Ouchet <ouchet.florent@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo AMD64 + Xen + Ati drivers
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:00:46
1 Hello,
2
3 Thanks for these useful advises, I used VMWare for months (and then
4 VirtualBox few months), I want to give Xen the same chance. The best
5 option seems to be the installation of a second domain to locally handle
6 display, IMO this configuration could be highly unstable if either Dom0
7 or "Dom1" starts tripping.
8
9 I'll try to use flgrx drivers again on next time kernel-xen source get
10 updated (current version if 2.6.20), I'll report back here; Two
11 open-source drivers are available for radeon video cards:
12 - xf86-video-ati is not able to drive my video card (no matching device)
13 - I give a try to the new radeonhd driver which currently gives better
14 performance than vesa legacy driver.
15
16 Best regards,
17