From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Major update problem
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:07:02
On Monday 07 February 2011 12:27:16 Paul Stear wrote:
> Hi, > I am now using a new motherboard and processor - change from amd duo to > intel quad. > All seems to be working well except my previous post ref eth3. However, I > am having problems updating my programs. > eix-sync went well and portage updated to 2.1.9.37 > I then do an emerge -auvtDN --keep-going world and I get hundreds of > blocked packages for kde e.g. > [blocks B ] kde-base/kwrite:4.5[-kdeprefix] ("kde-base/kwrite:4.5[- > kdeprefix]" is blocking kde-base/kwrite-4.6.0) > > I seem to have the current kde 4.5.5 required by @selected e.g. > > (kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.5, installed) pulled in by > kde-base/kdebase-meta required by @selected > kde-base/kdebase-meta:4.5 required by @selected > > What is @selected, I have never heard of this before, do I need to change > something? I can't seem to find this referenced in any documentation. > > Thanks for any help > Paul > PS attached emerge --info
Sorry to reply to my own post but it seems that my world file had all of the kde programs listed with ":4.5" I don't know how this has happened but I removed the :4.5 from the lines and now if I run an emerge I get the following:- Total: 268 packages (24 upgrades, 12 new, 228 in new slots, 4 reinstalls, 230 uninstalls), Size of downloads: 424,321 kB Conflict: 459 blocks Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] Why would 228 packages be installed in new slots? -- This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.