From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Moving to no-multilib profile
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:24:15
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 15:29, Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote
about '[gentoo-amd64] Moving to no-multilib profile':
> Is there anything else I need to/should do before/after I move to the > profile?
If you use grub, prepare to abandon it in favor of either the binary version or lilo, which has a binary blob anyway... From what I understand, it's either impossible or just extremely impractical... something about initializing memory tables or the IOMMU being required before you can switch to 64-bit mode... I've been up for almost 24 hours (without properly preparing) so I'm a little fuzzy right now... -- "If there's one thing we've established over the years, it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest clue what's best for them in terms of package stability." -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh