From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:35:11
1 "Bob Young" <BYoung@××××××××××.com> posted
2 FAEEIJPAOFEMBBLKPMJEKEMIHKAA.BYoung@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on
3 Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:06:40 -0700:
4
5 > Thank you, I consider that a more enlightened response than I've received
6 > from some posters. The truth is that I've enjoyed this debate, and though
7 > the course of explaining my position, have actually looked at some of the
8 > facets of the argument I'd not considered before.
9
10 See, that's the true benefit of a debate even if it doesn't change the
11 ultimate position of any direct participant. Unfortunately, few seem to
12 be able to grasp the concept, and seem to think there's no benefit if
13 there's not a winner or a loser.
14
15 For me (and it appears for you as well), a greater understanding of and
16 respect for another's position, regardless of whether one agrees or not, is
17 an end in itself.
18
19 Thanks for making that point, and yes, the same goes for me. =8^)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list