From: Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:09:51
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 5:31 PM
4 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift -
6 > slaveryware)
9 > I think Duncan has adequately justified his use the terms
10 > "slaveryware"
11 > and "freedomware", and neither your rationed discourse, nor your
12 > (sometimes unfounded) assertions (that seem to be increasing in
13 > frequency)
14 > have convinced me otherwise.
15
16 I claim no monopoly on truth, if you believe one or more of my claims is
17 insufficiently supported by my arguments please note it, and explain your
18 reasons for a contrary view, I'll either explain my self better, or admit
19 that I was wrong.
20
21 > I think I'm just going to have to disagree with you on this
22 > point, but feel free continue your attempt to convince me otherwise,
23 either on- or
24 > off-list. I feel that you understand the freedoms provided by free
25 > software at or beyond my ability to explain them so, I leave you to judge
26 > those freedoms and Duncan's speech as you will, for now.
29 Thank you, I consider that a more enlightened response than I've received
30 from some posters. The truth is that I've enjoyed this debate, and though
31 the course of explaining my position, have actually looked at some of the
32 facets of the argument I'd not considered before.
35 Regards
36 Bob Young
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list