From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] /dev/hda1 won't mount from grub
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:29:42
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 03:11:26PM -0000, Gavin wrote:
> Hi, > I reinstalled and the boot partition wont mount. It is reiser, boot flag set on hda1. However, it boots from grub command line. Can anyone help? > Gavin
Can you expand on "won't mount"? Does the system boot and you just can't access /boot, or is the system hanging during boot complaining if can't find something? The boot flag isn't really used by grub. It's more for WinDos type boot loaders. When you setup grub, (grub-install or grub> setup (hd0) ) the required information is written to the boot sector so grub knows where to find the files to continue booting. If you have changed the partition layout (moved /boot from hda0 to hda1 or something like that) or you have removed the boot symlink in /boot, you have to ru-run grub-install or setup for these changes to take effect. It sounds like grub in loading properly, but you may just have a configuration error in your /boot/grub/grub.conf (aka menu.lst). Do you change anything about to kernel command with the grub command line to get the system to boot? -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list