From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: qt problem
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:14:37
1 Jesús Guerrero <6thpink@×××××.es> posted
2 200608221942.05382.6thpink@×××××.es, excerpted below, on Tue, 22 Aug 2006
3 19:42:05 +0200:
4
5 > I never had such a problem, but if the problem is that automake cannot find
6 > the qt4 libs for some reason, and you dont need qt4 support, maybe you could
7 > try to compile with USE="qt3 -qt4".
8
9 This is what I'm doing right now, and I have >x11-libs/qt-3.99 in my
10 package.mask as well, as I have no need for it at present and there
11 have-been/will-be multiple qt4 updates (thus remerges) before I do need it
12 that I'm able to skip ATM.
13
14 When the first big KDE-4 tests come out later this year (there's a KDE-4
15 developer preview out already, but it's nothing I'm willing to play with
16 at this early stage and I don't believe there are Gentoo ebuilds for it),
17 I'll have to revisit that, certainly removing my qt4 package.mask and
18 merging it, and deciding whether I want to turn on USE=qt4 in general, or
19 not. However, until then, as I said, having it in package.mask means I've
20 avoided unnecessarily merging several versions of it already, in addition
21 to avoiding problems such as the one of this thread.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list