From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kdm-4.10.5-r1 - 2+ minute login delay
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 00:04:09
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > I've not tried rebuilding any packages yet ala Duncan's USE flag
3 > suggestions. It seems I don't have as many options as he does. Of the
4 > 4 flags he suggested it seems that consolekit & policykit are forced
5 > on for some packages and kept that way no matter what I put in
6 > /etc/portage/make.conf. I presume that is either driven by my choice
7 > of the KDE profile or the ebuild itself? Not sure if Duncan builds
8 > using portage or from code. Anyway, only kdelibs will get rebuilt with
9 > -upower & -udisks. Worth a try I suppose, but as I suspect this is a
10 > KDM issue I'm not confident it will help.
11
12 You could try a different display manager (xdm, etc.) and see what
13 happens, I suppose.