From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:43:54
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > On Friday 06 March 2009 15:59:46 Chris Faulkner wrote:
3 >> You have Automounting turned on in the kernel and the appropriate package
4 >> installed?
5 >>
6 >> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-runtime/userguide/multimedia.html
7 > <snip>
8 > Yes all is in place, I have some solid state devices which when plugged into
9 > an usb port, all works well.
10 > I just can't find how permissions are set when I plug in this external drive.
11 > I'm sure this will end up being a simple solution but at this moment it evades
12
13 If you're on KDE3, simply right-click on it's icon after you plug it it.
14 You'll find permissions and mount options there. The important thing
15 is to enable the option "mount as user".