From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:10:23
1 On Friday 06 March 2009 16:43:47 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > On Friday 06 March 2009 15:59:46 Chris Faulkner wrote:
4 > >> You have Automounting turned on in the kernel and the appropriate
5 > >> package installed?
6 > >>
7 > >> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-runtime/userguide/multimedia.html
8 > >
9 > > <snip>
10 > > Yes all is in place, I have some solid state devices which when plugged
11 > > into an usb port, all works well.
12 > > I just can't find how permissions are set when I plug in this external
13 > > drive. I'm sure this will end up being a simple solution but at this
14 > > moment it evades
15 >
16 > If you're on KDE3, simply right-click on it's icon after you plug it it.
17 > You'll find permissions and mount options there. The important thing
18 > is to enable the option "mount as user".
19
20 Hi,
21 When I switch the external drive on I get a screen "Medium type: Unmounted
22 Removable Medium
23 What do you want to do?
24 The 2 options are open in new window or Do nothing.
25 If I say open in new window I can see the drive but the permissions are read
26 only.
27 If I say do nothing then right click the icon on the desktop I only have the
28 following options:-
29 open
30 copy
31 open with
32 Safely remove
33 Open medium system folder
34 Properties
35
36 This is strange no permissions or mount options
37 Paul
40 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux