From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:21:26
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > On Friday 06 March 2009 16:43:47 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> If you're on KDE3, simply right-click on it's icon after you plug it it.
4 >> You'll find permissions and mount options there. The important thing
5 >> is to enable the option "mount as user".
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 > When I switch the external drive on I get a screen "Medium type: Unmounted
9 > Removable Medium
10 > What do you want to do?
11 > The 2 options are open in new window or Do nothing.
12 > If I say open in new window I can see the drive but the permissions are read
13 > only.
14 > If I say do nothing then right click the icon on the desktop I only have the
15 > following options:-
16 > open
17 > copy
18 > open with