From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:10:51
1 On Friday 06 March 2009 17:21:17 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > On Friday 06 March 2009 16:43:47 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > >> If you're on KDE3, simply right-click on it's icon after you plug it it.
5 > >> You'll find permissions and mount options there. The important thing
6 > >> is to enable the option "mount as user".
7 > >
8 > > Hi,
9 > > When I switch the external drive on I get a screen "Medium type:
10 > > Unmounted Removable Medium
11 > > What do you want to do?
12 > > The 2 options are open in new window or Do nothing.
13 > > If I say open in new window I can see the drive but the permissions are
14 > > read only.
15 > > If I say do nothing then right click the icon on the desktop I only have
16 > > the following options:-
17 > > open
18 > > copy
19 > > open with
20 > > Safely remove
21 > > Open medium system folder
22 > > Properties
23 >
24 > "Properties".
25
26 Thanks for the replies, sorry I haven't been back in touch for a few days.
27 If I click Properties and select the Permissions tab the User is -me(my user
28 name), Group is root. On the access Permissions part the Owner is set to "Can
29 View Contents".
30 If I change this to "Can View & Modify Content" and click "OK" I get an error
31 message "Could not change permissions for /media/lomega HDD".
32 I am on kde3.10.
33 Their must be a way of defining default permissions for anything plugged into
34 the usb port.
35 Can anyone help with this issue please.
36 Thanks
37 Paul
41 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux