From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Why Is Gentoo So Far Behind?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:39:49
1 On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:54:41 -0500
2 Chris Faulkner <cfaulkner70@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I tell you what, do what a lot of people are doing and that
5 > is making your own ebuilds. Make a website, put your ebuilds on it
6 > and test it out. You will further gentoo-dev out much better than it
7 > is now.
10 Maybe I'll post some ebuilds for cooledit and nedit. These are two
11 text editors for which I've filed bug reports and fixes, but there
12 has been no action yet due to lack of maintainers.
13
14 It may be a while though. After quickly looking through the developer's
15 manual, I can anticipate a fair amount of study before I can write even
16 a simple ebuild.
17
18 Frank Peters