From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: External HD to work with Gentoo and Vista.
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:01:24
1 On Monday 16 March 2009 23:11:52 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > Make sure you're in the "usb" and "plugdev" groups. Add yourself to
4 > them, logout and then login again.
5
6 I am in the plugdev and usb groups, I'm sure this will turn out to be
7 something silly that I have done or not done.#
8 When I switch on the external HD, I am asked if I want to open in a new window
9 or do nothing. If I select open I then get an immediate error message. After a
10 lot more reading I have solved my problem. I created a udev rule, so now
11 when I click open, I am presented with a window that I can write files to as
12 a user. phew!!!
13 Again thanks to all who helped.
14 Paul
17 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux