From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: External HD to work with Gentoo and Vista.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:12:08
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > On Monday 16 March 2009 10:08:03 Chris Faulkner wrote:
3 >> oh and here's a link for ya too:
4 >>
5 >> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/NTFS-3G
6 >
7 > Thanks to Chris and Duncan for your help. I now have it working and am
8 > currently copying all my mp3 files. I had to manually mount the external HD
9 > which is straight forward but it would be wonderful if kde/hal/dbus would
10 > take care of it for me. I have tried various things but always get the error
11 > message that I don't have the correct permissions. Is it possible do you
12 > think?
13
14 Make sure you're in the "usb" and "plugdev" groups. Add yourself to
15 them, logout and then login again.