From: Matt Randolph <mattr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: file type not allowed in /usr/lib
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:06:28
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
4 > First, I didn't really want to offend you, although I have to admit
5 > that a few statements were rather harsh. I didn't feel offended, and I
6 > know you didn't want to say my answer was incompetent. However, if I
7 > *were* the questioner, I'd feel offended, since I don't need
8 > everything explained twice, and if I don't get it, I ask further
9 > questions. Generally explaining it a second time somehow implies that
10 > I didn't get it the first time, but perhaps that's just me.
13 Google "Active Listening." Basically, active listening means that you
14 repeat everything another person says but you put it in your own words.
15 This shows the other person that you're actually paying attention, and
16 it helps to reveal any miscommunication the instant it occurs. It's a
17 management technique and a tool used in conflict resolution/avoidance.
18 I'm NOT saying that's what happened here, but your words suggest to me
19 that you _might_ be unprepared if someone used active listening on you.
22 "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate" - W. of O.
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list