From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:50:55
1 On Friday 06 March 2009 13:36:55 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write to
4 > > it. It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the
5 > > permissions they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view
6 > > Contents". Group and others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root to
7 > > change permissions but I just get an error message saying "Could not
8 > > change permissions
9 > > for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is
10 > > pre-formatted with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to
11 > > windows some times. Thanks for any help
12 > > Paul
13 >
14 > Just to clarify, are you mounting the fs with ntfs3g? Have you tried
15 > unmounting and remounting manually?
16 Thanks all for the responses.
17 I am running ntfs3g on this machine. HAL is doing the mounting to
18 system:/media.
19 All I want is to be able to switch on the external drive, which then shows up
20 on the desktop automatically and the copy files to it.
21
22 I just thought all of this happened automatically these days, so I feel as if
23 I have something not set up correctly or missing from my amd64 kde system.
24 Paul
28 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux