From: Chris Faulkner <cfaulkner70@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:59:48
1 You have Automounting turned on in the kernel and the appropriate package
2 installed?
3
4 http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-runtime/userguide/multimedia.html
7 On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > On Friday 06 March 2009 13:36:55 Mark Haney wrote:
10 > > Paul Stear wrote:
11 > > > I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write
13 > > > it. It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the
14 > > > permissions they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view
15 > > > Contents". Group and others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root
17 > > > change permissions but I just get an error message saying "Could not
18 > > > change permissions
19 > > > for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is
20 > > > pre-formatted with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to
21 > > > windows some times. Thanks for any help
22 > > > Paul
23 > >
24 > > Just to clarify, are you mounting the fs with ntfs3g? Have you tried
25 > > unmounting and remounting manually?
26 > Thanks all for the responses.
27 > I am running ntfs3g on this machine. HAL is doing the mounting to
28 > system:/media.
29 > All I want is to be able to switch on the external drive, which then shows
30 > up
31 > on the desktop automatically and the copy files to it.
32 >
33 > I just thought all of this happened automatically these days, so I feel as
34 > if
35 > I have something not set up correctly or missing from my amd64 kde system.
36 > Paul
39 > --
40 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux