From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:33:40
1 2008/5/30 Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>:
2
3 > On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, David Leverton wrote:
4 > > On Friday 30 May 2008 21:16:06 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
5 > > > On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, Duncan wrote:
6 > > > > I've not done paludis due to its lack of binary package support.
7 > Even
8 > > > > tho I'm running only a single computer
9 > > >
10 > > > there is another reason not to use paludis:
11 > > >
12 > > > you can't go back.
13 > > >
14 > > > At least not easily.
15 > >
16 > > That is a vicious, ridiculous lie (and the rest only gets worse).
17 >
18 > http://www.gentooexperimental.org/not-the-gwn/not-the-gwn-current.html
19 >
20 > for some numbers.
21 >
22 > typical paludis-supporter behaviour:
23 > http://r0bertz.blogspot.com/2007/01/be-careful-when-you-are-on-paludis.html
24 >
25 > ciaranm, known to game the system. Abusive against users.
26 > rbrown&spb, just removed because of their abusive behaviour.
27 >
28 > And think about that: why is there a whole bunch of paludis support threads
29 > in
30 > f.g.o?
31 >
32 > And why is there not one for pkgcore? (hint, because it is so easy to use)
33 > --
34 > gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list
37 as i've said before: it's not fair to judge the quality of the software by
38 its producers. i don't agree on how they behave, but that doesn't imply that
39 if they behave in that way their software is by default bad.
43 dott. ing. beso