From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:18:24
1 On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, David Leverton wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 May 2008 21:16:06 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, Duncan wrote:
4 > > > I've not done paludis due to its lack of binary package support. Even
5 > > > tho I'm running only a single computer
6 > >
7 > > there is another reason not to use paludis:
8 > >
9 > > you can't go back.
10 > >
11 > > At least not easily.
12 >
13 > That is a vicious, ridiculous lie (and the rest only gets worse).
14
15 http://www.gentooexperimental.org/not-the-gwn/not-the-gwn-current.html
16
17 for some numbers.
18
19 typical paludis-supporter behaviour:
20 http://r0bertz.blogspot.com/2007/01/be-careful-when-you-are-on-paludis.html
21
22 ciaranm, known to game the system. Abusive against users.
23 rbrown&spb, just removed because of their abusive behaviour.
24
25 And think about that: why is there a whole bunch of paludis support threads in
26 f.g.o?
27
28 And why is there not one for pkgcore? (hint, because it is so easy to use)
29 --
30 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list