From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Libjpeg-Turbo Drops Newer ABIs
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:24:48
1 On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> Libjpeg-turbo has been the default jpeg image processor on Gentoo
5 >>> for some time now.
6 >>
7 >> Really? I don't have it on any of my systems here and I run (mostly) stable.
8 >>
9 >> What pulls it in?
10 >
11 > virtual/jpeg pulls media-libs/libjpeg-turbo before media-libs/jpeg.
14 Interesting, and thanks for the info. Would it switch to libjpeg-turbo
15 if jpeg is already properly installed?
16
17 I suspect it would not or I'd likely have libjpeg-turbo here...
18
19 >> No answer to your underlying question as I haven't seen then problem
20 >> here and didn't find anything in Google.
21 >
22 > Netiher do I. I have libjpeg-turbo, but I'm unaware of any problems with it.
23 >
24 > Regards.
25 > --
26 > Canek Peláez Valdés
27 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
28 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
31 Cheers,
32 Mark