From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Soliciting new RAID ideas
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:28:26
1 Bob Sanders, mused, then expounded:
2 >
3 > Marc Joliet, mused, then expounded:
4 > > Am Tue, 27 May 2014 15:39:38 -0700
5 > > schrieb Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>:
6 > >
7 > > While I am far from a filesystem/storage expert (I see myself as a mere user),
8 > > the cited threads lead me to believe that this is most likely an
9 > > overhyped/misunderstood class of errors (e.g., posts [1] and [2]), so I would
10 > > suggest reading them in their entirety.
11 > >
12 > > [0] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/31832
13 > > [1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/31871
14 > > [2] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/31877
15 > > [3] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/31821
18 > FWIW - here's the FreeNAS ZFS ECC discussion on what happens with a bad
19 > memory bit and no ECC memory:
20 >
21 > http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/ecc-vs-non-ecc-ram-and-zfs.15449/
24 > Thanks Mark! Interesting discussion on btrfs.
27 Apologies - that should have been - Thanks Marc!
30 > Bob
31 >
32 > > HTH
33 > > --
34 > > Marc Joliet
35 > > --
36 > > "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
37 > > don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup
41 > --
42 > -
47 -