From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 03:02:43
1 On Tuesday 05 July 2011 21:31:48 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > Today my system automatically updated glibc from 2.12-rc2 to 2.12-
4 rc3.Shortly afterwards I tried to start OpenOffice and it would not start.The
5 error message:
6 > Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-deps.c: 622: _dl_map_object_deps:
7 > Assertion `nlist > 1' failed!
8 > (The same problem is reported here:
9 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6744468.html)
10 > Apparently this is due to the glibc update. A quick fix (since I
11 needOpenOffice) would be to simply downgrade back to glibc-2.12-r2, butemerge
12 will not allow me to do it:
13 > * Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system: * Downgrading glibc
14 is not supported and a sure way to destruction * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.13-r2
15 failed (setup phase): * aborting to save your system
16 > I'm not going to break my system. How do I override this?
17 > Note: I am not using the compiled Gentoo version of OpenOffice.My
18 installation is the binary version from the OO web site.Also, LibreOffice,
19 which I installed (from binary) as a possiblefix, gives the same error
20 message.
21 > Frank Peters
22
23 no need for that, a simple revdep-rebuilt solves this.
24
25 I saw the same with vlc - revdep and all problems were gone. LO works too.
26
27 Seriously guys...how long are you using gentoo?
30 #163933