From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Libjpeg-Turbo Drops Newer ABIs
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:23:05
1 On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> Libjpeg-turbo has been the default jpeg image processor on Gentoo
5 >>> for some time now.
6 >>
7 >> Really? I don't have it on any of my systems here and I run (mostly) stable.
8 >>
9 >> What pulls it in?
10 >
11 > virtual/jpeg pulls media-libs/libjpeg-turbo before media-libs/jpeg.
14 To clear up the possible confusion - when the default for a virtual is
15 changed users who already have the virtual satisfied will not be
16 prompted to switch packages (and rebuild half their system in the
17 process). So, if you already have jpeg installed nothing will pull in
18 libjpeg-turbo.
19
20 If you want to switch you'll have to do it manually. I seem to recall
21 some discussion back when things were changed - not sure if there was
22 a news item.
23
24 Rich