From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Tolerance, Freedom, Prosthetics
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:40:40
1 On Thursday 28 September 2006 15:08, Brian Litzinger
2 <brian@××××××××××××.com> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Tolerance,
3 Freedom, Prosthetics':
4 > I am happy so long as seller A can offer product A,
5 > and seller B can offer product B, and seller C and
6 > offer product C ... and buyers X and Y can choose
7 > among them.
8
9 I'm not happy is seller B engages in business practices that I find
10 immoral.
11
12 > I am unhappy when buyer X calls buyer Y evil for
13 > the decision buyer Y made.
14
15 I agree.
16
17 > I am also unhappy when buyer X calls sellers he did
18 > not buy from evil.
19
20 Even buyer X chose not to buy from those sellers BECAUSE (s)he believes
21 their business practices are immoral and should be made illegal?
22
23 > On the other hand, if you live in the real world (unlike me)
24 > you may be best off calling what you do not like evil. Seems
25 > everyone else does.
26
27 :)
30 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
31 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
32 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
33 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh