From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Tolerance, Freedom, Prosthetics
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:11:05
1 I am happy so long as seller A can offer product A,
2 and seller B can offer product B, and seller C and
3 offer product C ... and buyers X and Y can choose
4 among them.
5
6 I am unhappy when buyer X calls buyer Y evil for
7 the decision buyer Y made.
8
9 I am also unhappy when buyer X calls sellers he did
10 not buy from evil.
11
12 I you agree that slavery is an evil, then calling a
13 seller's product slavery-ware is calling the sellers
14 product and possibly the seller evil.
15
16 So long as freedom of association and contract is maintained
17 I do not see the need to call sellers or buyers evil.
18
19 I put prosthetics in the subject rather than proselytizing
20 so we can see who responds without reading the article
21 all the way through, or at all.
22
23 And proselytizing is fine, through perhaps not on this
24 forum.
25
26 Just don't proselytize via 'Seller A or product A is evil'.
27 Better to use product A is better because ...
28
29 On the other hand, if you live in the real world (unlike me)
30 you may be best off calling what you do not like evil. Seems
31 everyone else does.
34 Brian Litzinger
35
36 The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
37 the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
38 authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
39 privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
40 hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
41 any action in Hitachi America, Ltd. on the contents of this information
42 is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. If you have received this
43 communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to
44 this e-mail and then delete it from your system. Hitachi America, Ltd.
45 is not liable for any improper and/or incomplete transmission of the
46 information contained in this communication or for any delay in its
47 receipt. Hitachi America, Ltd. is not responsible for any damage caused
48 by malicious code or alteration by any third party. The contents of this
49 e-mail do not necessarily represent the views or policies of Hitachi
50 America, Ltd.
51 --
52 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list