From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] local not started?
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:36:54
1 I use the 'local' service to force the ignore_nice_load parameter to 0:
2
3 # cat /etc/conf.d/local.start
4 echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/odemand/ignore_nice_load
5 (not sure about the path, I am on another pc now)
6
7 Recently I noticed that ignore_nice_load is still set to default 1
8 value, although the 'local' service apparently was started:
9 # /etc/init.d/local start
10 * WARNING: local has already been started.
11
12 If I source the local.start from the shell, the value is correctly set.
13 Any ideas why the the ignore_nice_load is not set to the value I want at
14 boot?
15
16 thanks,
17