From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 18:49:04
1 Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> posted
2 d257c3560805311124i5244a139h99f88a9510e9d20b@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sat, 31 May 2008 18:24:08 +0000:
4
5 > on the klibido site?! maybe its devs have gone with gtk+ and pan.... :-(
6
7 Dev, singular. At least from all indications and he said it was just
8 him, at one point. Of course, pan isn't much more than one main dev
9 either, and a fits and starts one that goes great guns for awhile then
10 ignores it for awhile, at that. But pan does seem to have a relatively
11 active user base (including me, probably the senior regular on the pan
12 lists) and several devs that submit patches from time to time, as well as
13 i18n and HIG support and bug and svn infrastructure from the GNOME guys.
14 The klibido dev mentioned getting I think one patch from someone else,
15 and it's a relatively new project (tho it's been a few years now), so
16 it's likely much more a single-man operation.
17
18 But your point is well taken. It was 2006 and the last release was, he
19 said, an "intermediate" release as he worked on a couple db changes...
20 but the newer version or for that matter any other further changes...
21 never came. Who knows? It could have simply been something he did in
22 college, then he graduated, maybe got married and had a kid, and hasn't
23 thought much about it since.
24
25 If I ever decided to get back into it, I'd certainly join the user list
26 and see what was up, if anything. Of course now, I may not, since
27 there's little reason to if he's not going to port it to KDE4, and
28 there's no sign of any recent life, so who knows?
33 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
36 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list