From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:10:30
Florian Philipp posted on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:48:29 +0100 as excerpted:

> Didn't you post on gentoo-user that you watch youtube videos? Well, the > currently stable version of adobe-flash (10.1.102.64) is 32bit-only. > That will change again with the next higher version in the tree but the > switch to 32bit can happen again when Adobe decides once again that it > doesn't need to fix its security bugs for amd64.
Eh, I watch youtube, but NOT using flash servantware, and using 100% 64- bit apps. The firefox extension I use is 1-click-youtube-downloader, but there are others, and other ways to watch it (including in HTML5 native format), if desired, without using servantware. I always download the mp4 version, watching it using my video player of choice (presently smplayer). I can then delete it if I don't like it, or save it if I do. Sometimes videos disappear from youtube, you know, and google doesn't need to know how many times I watch my favorites, or even whether I consider it good enough to save or not. IOW, particularly insecure and buggy servantware not required to view youtube. =:^) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman