From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Java in Firefox??
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:43:40
1 On Jan 26, 2008 1:45 PM, Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Theres currently work on a 64-bit plugin. Add the java-gcj-overlay and
3 > emerge dev-java/gcj-jdk with the nsplugin use flag. Then 'eselect
4 > java-nsplugin list' shows:
5 >
6 > Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
7 > Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
8 > [1] gcj-jdk-4.3 current
9 >
10 > and in firefox about:plugins show
11 >
12 > GCJ Web Browser Plugin 0.96-pre File name: libgcjwebplugin.so The GCJ Web
13 > Browser Plugin executes Java applets.Quite alpha & crashes often, but
14 > definitely shows promise.
15 >
16 > Wil
17 >
18 Wil,
19 Thanks. That's good news. If I build this 64-bit plugin support can
20 I choose one or another using eselect or can I only have one or the
21 other on my system at a time?
22
23 Thanks,
24 Mark