From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 14:58:46
1 Benny Pedersen posted on Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:48:49 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > On August 9, 2014 3:23:41 PM Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
4 > wrote:
5 >
6 >> Made my day ;-)
7 >
8 > are gentoo users more smart then linkedin ?
9
10 Looking at the links, most of them are to
11
12 http://www.linkedin.com/blink?simpleRedirect= [long-encoded-link]
13
14 Looks to me like some spammer figured out the encoding (probably
15 something simple like base64) and that the redirect wasn't linkedin-site-
16 limited, thus allowing them to mask whatever link they wanted and hide
17 behind linkedin's formerly not too terrible reputation, tho it's surely
18 dropping fast due to the spammers now.
19
20 I've gotten a few of these via email (my lists are via newsgroup via
21 gmane, so entirely separate app used) as well, and the tibdixious name
22 looks familiar, but this is the first I've noticed the redirect-link.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman