From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Java in Firefox??
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:45:11
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > This is the age old problem, as far as I know, with 64-bit Linux and a
4 > world full of 32-bit multimedia. I think this wiki will surely
5 > explain it better than I ever could. Hopefully the basic info you need
6 > is there:
7 >
8 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_firefox_with_java_on_amd64
9
10 Way too complicated and risky! My solution is
11
12 1. Install 64-bit Firefox (compiled) for my main browser.
13 2. Install seamonkey-bin (32-bit) and change the R settings to use it as
14 the browser instead of the default.
15
16 So ... everything except Java now works in Firefox and searches work in
17 R. If something else needs Java, I guess I can use seamonkey-bin for it.
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list