From: Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [OT- html posts]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 02:40:02
On 10 Dec 2005, at 01:54, Eric Bliss wrote:
> Okay, I lied, there's one more point. It doesn't apply to me, but > there are > plenty of people who it does apply to - not everybody who > subscribes to these > lists has a broadband internet connection. And depending on how > many of > these lists they subscribe to, and how active they are, the "double > size" of > HTML posts can become a serious problem for their individual > connections.
Also consider those of use who use something like GPRS on a day-to- day basis. We generally pay by the byte while we're on the move so have a very good reason to trash these heavy emails. My regular MUA can't even process HTML; why would I pay extra to read a load of angled brackets? Yours, Craig -- Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@××××××.net Xeriom.NET | f: +44 (0)709 287 1902 | w: http://xeriom.net -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list