From: Alexey Maslennikov <alexey.maslennikov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:42:06
1 I do not use arts, but have configured KDE notifications to use external
2 player: in my case alsaplayer.
3
4 I don't use native kde music players, so this is sufficient.
5
6 On Saturday 09 July 2005 05:37, Luigi Pinna wrote:
7 > Alle 01:10, sabato 09 luglio 2005, Alexey Maslennikov ha scritto:
8 > > As far as I remember, /dev/dsp is only used with OSS.
9 > > In case you use ALSA, it is created by OSS emulation. Possibly OSS
10 > > emulation modules are not loaded. Module names are something like
11 > > snd_*_oss.
12 > >
13 > > P.S. I can be very wrong about it.
14 >
15 > Sorry, I have a question:
16 > can you use arts without problems? If I use arts, it crashs often and
17 > freeze the computer...
18 > Usually I can't login in a session where one or two programs, that they
19 > use arts, must be open (a restored session).
20 > If I do that, the computer freeze immediately.
21 > Am I alone?
22 > I recompiled KDE without arts support now, but I have no system sound
23 > and kopete sound...
24 > Luigi
27 Alexey Maslennikov
28 Oracle DBA and developer