From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] External HD to work with Gentoo and Vista.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:03:01
1 On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 09:17 -0500, Chris Faulkner wrote:
2 > when i plug my external in, it automatically mounts for me.. I just
3 > used the ntfs-3g wiki and i think there's another one..
4 >
5 > On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
6 > wrote:
7 > On Monday 16 March 2009 10:08:03 Chris Faulkner wrote:
8 > > oh and here's a link for ya too:
9 > >
10 > > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/NTFS-3G
13 > Thanks to Chris and Duncan for your help. I now have it
14 > working and am
15 > currently copying all my mp3 files. I had to manually mount
16 > the external HD
17 > which is straight forward but it would be wonderful if
18 > kde/hal/dbus would
19 > take care of it for me. I have tried various things but
20 > always get the error
21 > message that I don't have the correct permissions. Is it
22 > possible do you
23 > think?
26 > Paul
27 >
28 > --
29 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
33 is your user in plugd?