From: Chris Faulkner <cfaulkner70@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] External HD to work with Gentoo and Vista.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:17:30
1 when i plug my external in, it automatically mounts for me.. I just used
2 the ntfs-3g wiki and i think there's another one..
3
4 On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > On Monday 16 March 2009 10:08:03 Chris Faulkner wrote:
7 > > oh and here's a link for ya too:
8 > >
9 > > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/NTFS-3G
10 >
11 > Thanks to Chris and Duncan for your help. I now have it working and am
12 > currently copying all my mp3 files. I had to manually mount the external
13 > HD
14 > which is straight forward but it would be wonderful if kde/hal/dbus would
15 > take care of it for me. I have tried various things but always get the
16 > error
17 > message that I don't have the correct permissions. Is it possible do you
18 > think?
19 >
20 > Paul
21 >
22 > --
23 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux