From: ionut cristian cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] new laptop
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:59:27
1 ncpufreqd will not start but it doesn't print any errors either. But
2 strange issue: I did a test: MAKEOPTS="-j" emerge amarok and guess
3 what the temp did not budge a degree over 50, but this morning as I'm
4 writing this my cpu is on 62% usage but the temp is 95 degrees. This
5 puzzles me. Stopping any emerge process did help, but last night it
6 went for hours with full 100% CPU load and now it overheats with
7 "-j1". It is clear, to me, that something somewhere is wicked.
8 LATER: I've just noticed that TZ01 in kima was 0 rebooting set it to
9 50 and now with emerge keeping the cpu at max speed and load gives me
10 only 55 degrees. So how I will do a kernel update maybe will fix my
11 problem, because it looks to me like it's comming from there. Isn't
12 it?
13 --
14 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list