From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] hardcore newbie
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:24:42
1 <snip>
2 >I don't think its your partitions because you partition and format them
3 >during
4 > the installation process... so you should get to a prompt with no
5 > partitions.
6 > The Gentoo installer - for me - has been quite robust whereas Ubuntu has
7 > been
8 > a constant pain with the install crashing part way through and thats with
9 > 5.10 and 6.04 and on various computers.
10
11 to totally eliminate formatting as problem: disconnect hard drive and boot
12 the live cd; bios will probably tell you no hard drive but should offer a
13 continue option like "Press F1". BTW power off while
14 disconnecting/connecting.
17 > You get the AMD64 install didn't you? there is also an IA64 (Intel Arch)
18 > which
19 > is a bit confusing.
20 >
21 > Kevin.