From: "Joel Wirāmu Pauling" <aenertia@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wifi adaptor recommendations
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 18:29:26
1 Openwrt's build system is great. But as others have said running any non
2 single purpose router at your edge has a lot of drawbacks. Not least that
3 usable pcie wireless cards that work well in station mode are expensive.
4 Whereas you can get the same chip in wifi router form for pennies AND you
5 get a whole SoC platform and switch to go with it. You can always use you
6 general purpose machine as a router and have the AP just be your air
7 interface. But seriously Openwrt is MUCH easier to manage and cheaper.