From: "François Saint-Jacques" <franklinchef@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-bsd] linux binaries
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:31:47
1 Thanks for the clarification. Taking this in consideration, I don't
2 think glibc will not compiled on FreeBSD without patching it.
3
4 Frank
7 Le 06-06-29 à 14:43, James Colannino a écrit :
8
9 > François Saint-Jacques wrote:
10 >> I'm not sure if this is correct, but FreeBSD's glibc is not the
11 >> same as
12 >> GNU-glibc. Like the entire userland, it was developped by the FreeBSD
13 >> dev-team. This means that there is no NTPL in this version of glibc
14 >> because it's not the same sources as the GNU-glibc on Linux. This
15 >> is due
16 >> to the fact that glibc depends mostly on kernel calls wich are not
17 >> the
18 >> same on the FreeBSD kernel vs Linux.
19 >
20 > I believe that it's not even referred to as glibc but rather as libc
21 > (the g prefix is usually present on *BSD to denote GNU developed
22 > software; gmake as opposed to make for example.)
23 >
24 > James
25 > --
26 > gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list