From: James Colannino <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-bsd] linux binaries
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:44:27
1 François Saint-Jacques wrote:
2 > I'm not sure if this is correct, but FreeBSD's glibc is not the same as
3 > GNU-glibc. Like the entire userland, it was developped by the FreeBSD
4 > dev-team. This means that there is no NTPL in this version of glibc
5 > because it's not the same sources as the GNU-glibc on Linux. This is due
6 > to the fact that glibc depends mostly on kernel calls wich are not the
7 > same on the FreeBSD kernel vs Linux.
8
9 I believe that it's not even referred to as glibc but rather as libc
10 (the g prefix is usually present on *BSD to denote GNU developed
11 software; gmake as opposed to make for example.)
12
13 James
14 --
15 gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list