From: robert_s@×××××××××××.au
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-bsd] Gentoo-freebsd - can't login with keyboard
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 23:48:23
1 I've just installed gentoo-fbsd according to the docs. I've downloaded
2 the latest version including the 6.1 kernel, which I compiled by hand.
3 After much fooling around I've manged to get it booting. However, when I
4 get to the login prompt at the end of the boot process, nothing happens
5 when I type characters at the keyboard. The keyboard input seems to work
6 during the bootup process.
7
8 I've had similar problems with fbsd in the past - usually when xdm/kdm is
9 started with a script. I suspect this is a similar problem but I can't
10 pinpoint it.
11
12 I've already posted a question on the forums but I haven't had many views
13 and no answers. Please forgive me for double posting!
14
15 P.S. I had a lot of difficulty mounting my new root partition read-write
16 using freesbie. Maybe the doc should point out that you can fix this by
17 running fsck on the root partition first.
20 gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list