From: "Ignacio Arqué-Latour" <ignacio.arquelatour@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-bsd] Gentoo-freebsd - can't login with keyboard
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:56:27
1 Robert,
2 Thanks for your concern about the install doc.
3 Please join us in the irc channel so the devs can help you more fluently.
4 Server: irc.freenode.net
5 Channel: #gentoo-bsd
6 Thanks.
7
8 -- Ignacio
9
10 ----- Original Message -----
11 From: <robert_s@×××××××××××.au>
12 To: <gentoo-bsd@l.g.o>
13 Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:48 PM
14 Subject: [gentoo-bsd] Gentoo-freebsd - can't login with keyboard
17 > I've just installed gentoo-fbsd according to the docs. I've downloaded
18 > the latest version including the 6.1 kernel, which I compiled by hand.
19 > After much fooling around I've manged to get it booting. However, when I
20 > get to the login prompt at the end of the boot process, nothing happens
21 > when I type characters at the keyboard. The keyboard input seems to work
22 > during the bootup process.
23 >
24 > I've had similar problems with fbsd in the past - usually when xdm/kdm is
25 > started with a script. I suspect this is a similar problem but I can't
26 > pinpoint it.
27 >
28 > I've already posted a question on the forums but I haven't had many views
29 > and no answers. Please forgive me for double posting!
30 >
31 > P.S. I had a lot of difficulty mounting my new root partition read-write
32 > using freesbie. Maybe the doc should point out that you can fix this by
33 > running fsck on the root partition first.
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list
39 gentoo-bsd@g.o mailing list