From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd-functions.sh and nvidia
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:27:52
1 On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 20:08 +0100, Nicolas Raspail wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:42 -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:01 -0600, Mikey wrote:
4 > > > On Tuesday 13 December 2005 09:56, Chris Gianelloni spammed:
5 > > >
6 > > > > Why is this crap even a discussion? Did anyone bother to even *READ* my
7 > > > > response?
8 > > >
9 > > > I read your response and understood that you fixed it in cvs.
10 > >
11 > > ...and?
12 > >
13 > > "All Nvidia cards should be using capitals. It very well could be the
14 > > pci.ids being shipped with the pciutils ebuild causing the issue."
15 > >
16 > > At no point did I say, or even infer that the pci.ids file is not
17 > > showing nv40, I just mentioned that it shouldn't. There really wasn't a
18 > > point for continuing to point out examples, which was my reasoning
19 > > behind asking if anyone actually read my response. Since everyone
20 > > seemed to focus on my committing a fix for the "bug" into CVS, it is
21 > > apparent that nobody did read it very well.
22 > >
23 > > Again, this really isn't the place, as such things belong in a bug
24 > > report. However, there's no need for a report since it has already been
25 > > resolved. I apologize for being short, I just hate having to repeat
26 > > myself when this "conversation" is completely superfluous had attention
27 > > been paid to what I originally responded.
30 > ok, sorry for all :) I have made a Debian bug report against pciutils
31 > and maybe it will be forwarded upstream
32
33 Well, pciutils isn't the actual source of pci.ids, it is just usually
34 packaged with it. I added an updated entry at pciids.sourceforge.net
35 and hope it gets accepted. This should resolve the issue for everyone
36 in the future.
39 Chris Gianelloni
40 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
41 x86 Architecture Team