From: Nicolas Raspail <nicolas@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd-functions.sh and nvidia
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:09:04
1 On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:42 -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:01 -0600, Mikey wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 13 December 2005 09:56, Chris Gianelloni spammed:
4 > >
5 > > > Why is this crap even a discussion? Did anyone bother to even *READ* my
6 > > > response?
7 > >
8 > > I read your response and understood that you fixed it in cvs.
9 >
10 > ...and?
11 >
12 > "All Nvidia cards should be using capitals. It very well could be the
13 > pci.ids being shipped with the pciutils ebuild causing the issue."
14 >
15 > At no point did I say, or even infer that the pci.ids file is not
16 > showing nv40, I just mentioned that it shouldn't. There really wasn't a
17 > point for continuing to point out examples, which was my reasoning
18 > behind asking if anyone actually read my response. Since everyone
19 > seemed to focus on my committing a fix for the "bug" into CVS, it is
20 > apparent that nobody did read it very well.
21 >
22 > Again, this really isn't the place, as such things belong in a bug
23 > report. However, there's no need for a report since it has already been
24 > resolved. I apologize for being short, I just hate having to repeat
25 > myself when this "conversation" is completely superfluous had attention
26 > been paid to what I originally responded.
29 ok, sorry for all :) I have made a Debian bug report against pciutils
30 and maybe it will be forwarded upstream
31
32 Thanks
33
34 Nicolas