From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd-functions.sh and nvidia
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:44:53
1 On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:01 -0600, Mikey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 13 December 2005 09:56, Chris Gianelloni spammed:
3 >
4 > > Why is this crap even a discussion? Did anyone bother to even *READ* my
5 > > response?
6 >
7 > I read your response and understood that you fixed it in cvs.
8
9 ...and?
10
11 "All Nvidia cards should be using capitals. It very well could be the
12 pci.ids being shipped with the pciutils ebuild causing the issue."
13
14 At no point did I say, or even infer that the pci.ids file is not
15 showing nv40, I just mentioned that it shouldn't. There really wasn't a
16 point for continuing to point out examples, which was my reasoning
17 behind asking if anyone actually read my response. Since everyone
18 seemed to focus on my committing a fix for the "bug" into CVS, it is
19 apparent that nobody did read it very well.
20
21 Again, this really isn't the place, as such things belong in a bug
22 report. However, there's no need for a report since it has already been
23 resolved. I apologize for being short, I just hate having to repeat
24 myself when this "conversation" is completely superfluous had attention
25 been paid to what I originally responded.
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
30 x86 Architecture Team
31 Games - Developer